What I Ate Wednesday 1/2/13
Happy New Year!
Do you have any goals for the New Year? I set a few goals for myself this year. Here’s a few:
1. Run a 5K, 10K, and half marathon
2. Eat a healthy diet with less sugar, less processed food, and no dairy.
3. Spend quiet time with Bible study every morning
4. Limit my computer time when kids are awake.
5. Read 2 books a month.
6. Finish one crafty/sewing project a month. (You know all those things I have on Pinterest?)
Basically just be a healthy, balanced person.
Here’s what I ate for the first day of 2013. I was able to go sugar free all day!
Breakfast: The usual oatmeal with banana, PB, almond milk, and flaxseed
Snack: Green tea with a little honey
Lunch: Nachos with leftover Vegveeta Dip, black beans, green onions, and salsa
Dinner: I forgot to take a picture so I recycled an old one. We had lettuce wraps with tofu, brown rice with peas, soy sauce, and garlic, and edamame.
Nighttime: Earlier this week we bought some loose tea from Teavana. Last night we had the Zingiber Ginger Coconut Roobios and it was so good. We usually just buy the boxed Lipton or Celestial Seasonings but this was so much better. I already want to try some other varieties like some of the greens or white teas. Too bad they are expensive (compared to the box stuff)
How was your start to the New Year? What goals do you have for 2013?