Thai Fried Quinoa
I love this meal. It requires minimal ingredients and can be ready in 30 minutes. I enjoy cooking but when it comes to making dinner I want something quick and easy. By the time 5 o’clock rolls around something happens to my children and they barely resemble the sweet, peaceful children they are most of the day. They become wild and crazy and starved. Therefore, while I would love to make a gourmet meal rivaling something you would see in Bon Appetit, I need to get something on the table quickly.
With this dish I was able to do exactly that. Chalk one up for Mom!
- 1 recipe scrambled tofu I left the veggies and the beans out of the recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced. Use green and white parts
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 Tbs Garden Gourmet cilantro
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- Begin by preparing the tofu scramble in a skillet per recipe.
- In a medium saucepan add the quinoa, coconut milk, and the water.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- To the skillet with the tofu add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and the cilantro. Stir in the quinoa. Cook until peas are thawed, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with crushed peanuts on top if desired.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama