Friday Ramblings: 10 Things I’ve Learned About Motherhood
Next week is my oldest daughter’s 6th birthday. Which means I will have been a Mom for 6 years. 6 years of the most rewarding, most difficult, most exhausting, best job in the world.
I have learned a lot in these 6 years. Here’s just 10 of those things.
1. It is possible to function (I use that term loosely) on very little sleep. Repeatedly.
2. Lists will become your new best friend. (I feel this is related to number 1)
3. I am stronger than I ever imagined.
4. When your parents said “This hurts me more than it hurts you” it was true.
5. A Band-aid makes everything better.
6. You will say things you never thought you would say. Such as ”Don’t put yogurt on your sister”
7. It really can take an hour to get ready to go to the grocery store.
8. Related to above. It is very difficult to be on time for anything.
9. A hot shower is like a mini vacation
10. Nothing beats a hug and “I love you, Mommy”
Happy Birthday, L. Thanks for teaching me so much and helping me become a better person.