Cranberry Lemon Muffins
Cranberries are so underrated. Probably because a lot of people associate cranberries with the jelly stuff in the can. Fresh cranberries barely resemble their canned cousin. The fresh cranberries have such a beautiful vibrant color and tart bite.
Love the color!
Here, I used my peanut butter chocolate chip muffin recipe as the base but then paired fresh cranberries (well frozen) with a hint of lemon and crunchy pecans for a perfect muffin. My 5 year old gave them her seal of approval.
Do you have some cranberries hanging around from Christmas? Whip up a batch of these muffins for a snack everyone will love.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs soymilk or almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs organic canola oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the chia seeds and the soymilk together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt,and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the soymilk and chia seed mixture as well as the mashed banana, maple syrup, vinegar, vanilla, and oil to the flour mixture.
- Fold in the cranberries, lemon zest, and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tin.
- Bake about 18 minutes.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama