Guilt Free Pumpkin Pie
Now it’s time for the best part of Thanksgiving dinner. It really isn’t Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, right? With this pie you have all of the creamy pumpkin filling but without all the fat and calories. Plus you don’t have to worry about making a crust! Win-win!
According to Runner’s World, one slice of traditional pumpkin pie has 316 calories and 14 grams of fat. One slice of this pie has 55 calories and .6 grams of fat!
This pie is super easy to whip up. It does need to firm up in the fridge for at least 6 hours so plan accordingly. Top it with coconut milk whipped cream for a guilt free dessert.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 9-10 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine spices, salt, baking powder, flour, and brown sugar in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin, milk, flax and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Pour into pie dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before placing in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
To Make The Whipped Cream
- Open the can of coconut milk. DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN!
- You should see a layer of very thick cream at the top of the can.
- Remove this layer and place in bowl of stand mixer.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla
- Blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little of the watery portion from the can of coconut milk to get your desired consistency.
- Top the slices of pie with the whipped cream.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama