Why I Love Summer
I will admit that some seasons seem too long and some too short but I love the change of seasons. The beauty of green shoots after a long winter. Spring days that slowly give birth to long warm summer days. Crisp, cool fall nights after summer’s heat. Hot chocolate and fire in the fireplace during winter’s longer nights.
I agree with John Steinbeck who said “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
10 things I love about summer:
1. Sunday mornings spent helping Daddy with yard work
2. Art projects done outside (less clean up!)
3. Hula Hoop practice in the yard
4. Messy ice cream faces
5. Water Fights
6. Playing in the dirt
7. Beautiful flowers
8. Room to roam
9. Peaches! (And all the other fresh produce. Except beets.)
10. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.”
― Henry James
What do you love about summer?