I wasn’t going to post this recipe. I had to make a quick dinner and didn’t really want to take the time to take proper pictures. However, this turned out so delicious and is such a great, easy, quick dinner that I had to share.
So I added a photo effect and some fancy font to hopefully distract you from the awful amateur photo.
If you follow me on Facebook, you know that my oldest started kindergarten this week. Needless to say that has thrown our schedule out of whack a bit as we adjust to a different routine. One that involves getting up way earlier than we have been used to the past few months. There are also evenings where we have club meetings and have to have dinner on the table quickly before we head out the door again.
I know you all know what I am talking about. Which is why you need meals like this. Healthy and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 16 ounce package frozen shelled edamame
- 1 8-12 ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced. (I used frozen for this too)
- 1 tsp ginger (I really love the Garden Gourmet stuff in the tube in the produce section)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs soy sauce or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Sriracha (I left this out for the kiddos and just added it after I served them)
- 1-2 tsp vinegar (rice if you have it)
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds (toasted if you can spare a few minutes)
- black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 1 tsp oil to the skillet. Add the ginger, garlic, edamame, and peppers.
- Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and Sriracha.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the sesame seeds and the vinegar.
- Serve hot or cold.
Adapted from Whole Living magazine
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama