It’s the time of the year when zucchini can be found everywhere. It’s hard to come up with new and exciting dishes with zucchini that I know the whole family will like. This one was a success. The kids liked that they were called “boats” and hubby liked them cuz they tasted good. And had cheese.
We had a bit of a reprieve from the insanely hot weather we have been having so I made these in the oven but I am sure they would work great on the grill too.
- 2 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise. Mine were so big I cut them in half again to make 4 boats from each zucchini.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups bulgur burger crumbles
- 2 cups jarred spaghetti sauce
- mozzarella cheese for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Preheat medium skillet over medium heat.
- Take your zucchini sections and scoop out some of the flesh so you can fill them. Place on baking sheet.
- To the preheated skillet add the garlic, onions, and mushrooms and saute until softened.
- Add the burger crumbles and the spaghetti sauce and stir until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama