I have a huge sweet tooth. And I love chocolate. But I got the crazy notion that I needed to eat less sugar. Thankfully I found a way to still enjoy brownies! These brownies are made with whole wheat flour, have no dairy, eggs, or oil, and have very little sugar. They are very fudgy and more dense than regular brownies but definitely calm that sugar and/or chocolate craving.
Whip up a batch of these chocolate filled goodies for a snack you can feel good about.
- 1 1/2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 2 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup non dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl.
- Add the applesauce and vanilla. Whisk in the milk.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama