Honey Yogurt Waffles
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Our weekend was busy but good. We had lots of family and friends visiting this weekend which was a lot of fun.
On Saturday I made these stuffed peppers which everyone enjoyed. Even the kiddos! Sunday we had tacos. I ate mine on crushed tortilla chips instead of taco shells and made haystacks. My favorite!
If you were to ask my 5 year old what here favorite dinner is she would respond with “breakfast.” So, I try to have breakfast for dinner once a week. I actually like it too because it is usually easy to make and there can be lots of variations.
Last week I made this delicious waffle recipe adapted from a recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. I veganized their recipe and used whole wheat flour instead of the white. Topped them with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of honey for a treat you’ll want to eat for breakfast and dinner!
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups non dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 1/2 cups soy yogurt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flaxseed mixed with 3 T water)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until browned.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama