This recipe is from the March 2011 issue of Cooking Light magazine. I absolutely love this magazine! Everything I have made from it has been delicious and this was no exception. The whole family enjoyed this meal. (Well, the kids ate it but I don’t know if enjoyed would be the right word…)
- 1/2 T butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 T minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (the recipe called for 1/2 tsp but that would have been too spicy for the kids)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add the ginger and garlic, saute 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and spices. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the edamame and the potato.
- Combine the broth, milk , and flour in a bowl and stir until smooth. Add to veggies.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Copyright Thrifty Veggie Mama